Today, I find it particularly important to talk about what everyone’s been reading lately … since I’ll probably be doing lots of reading this weekend. Who wants to go out of the house when it looks like this?
Yes, my faithful blog followers, that’s a repeat-picture. Don’t judge me. You get the idea. It’s snowing here. A lot.
On to happier subjects …
… let’s talk about blogs I’ve been reading this week, shall we?
- Katie (aka Ms. Fit Runner) is one of my new favorite bloggers. She is hilarious and reminds me of a combination of Janae and Skinny Runner, which is a HUGE compliment in my book. Read any of her posts for a good laugh!
- Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers wrote a great post on running a half-marathon. If you’re considering running one yourself for the first time, you should check it out!
- My blogger buddy, Lindsay, posted a “vlog” (video blog ) about her history with disordered eating. I love how honest she is, and I think many women/girls can relate to her previous struggles!
- Amy at Fearless Homemaker posted this recipe for peanut butter cookies with salted caramel a couple of weeks ago, and I’m still drooling over them. Amy, feel free to send me a batch anytime. I promise you’ll be my new BFF.
- My good friend, Lindsay (yep, another Lindsay), has a great blog for Christian women. She just wrote a review about the “Money Saving Mom” book. The review includes a few money-saving tips AND she’s giving away a copy of the book! Go over and check it out!
And finally, can we talk about these for a minute?
Why am I always so behind the times? Why did I just discover these books? Seriously, my friends … they are ah-mazing.
Here’s the description of the first book (source):
“Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying ﬁght to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.
Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
WINNING WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS. LOSING MEANS CERTAIN DEATH.”
Did I hook you yet??
I’ve gotten both my mom and my husband interested in the books. I read the first one while we were on vacation, and I kept Brandon up to date on the latest happenings as I read. I read about half of the second book on the plane home, with Brandon
reading over my shoulder pretending he didn’t care.
I’m not done with the second book yet, so NO ONE RUIN IT FOR ME!!
Oh and if you didn’t know, they’re also coming out with a movie …
… and guess who’s going to be in line with all the teens for that one??
Question for ya …
Anyone else read the Hunger Games? Thoughts? Will you go see the movie?
What blogs have you been reading lately? Books? Articles?
What are you up to this weekend?
If you’re looking for me, I’ll be on my couch with a blanket, electric heater, hot chocolate, and a book. Don’t even try to get me out of my house until the snow melts.