Thanks again, everyone, for all of the awesome comments on Monday’s post! I love hearing stories about some of your experiences with 1st trimester symptoms. It’s always nice to know that you’re not alone!
Today I’m going to talk about just some of the foods I ate during my first trimester. My eats have been pretty atypical recently, so I thought you might get a kick out of hearing the kinds of foods I craved, week by week!
(Jenn, I can’t say I’ve enjoyed Healthy Halloween Treats recently … but I sure have enjoyed the not-so healthy ones! )
I wanted strong flavors!
-Jalapeño Pop Chips
- Wasabi Peas
- Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almonds
(P.S. Those cravings quickly died out, leaving lots of leftover foods to go to waste, because Brandon wouldn’t eat them, either!)
- Salty foods (this was a trend throughout), such as potato chips.
- This is around the time when fast food started becoming an issue, and I wanted it 1-2 times a week.
- Cheese popcorn from the school vending machine became a frequent afternoon snack.
- Popcorn made at home, topped with butter and cheese seasoning (and sometimes even hot sauce!)
- I ate cereal for breakfast every day that week.
- Kale chips made a comeback!
- I started wanting more red meat, so Brandon cooked me steak!
- Week 9 is also when I started eating plain potato chips drenched in apple cider vinegar. I used to eat them as a kid, and wow, I had forgotten how delicious they are! (I know, it sounds gross.)
- This was the ‘bagel with cream cheese and bacon for breakfast every day’ week!
- I also bought sour gummi worms that week … probably for the first time in over 20 years.
- I bought Airhead candy for Halloween to give to the Trick-or-Treaters … then Brandon and I proceeded to eat almost the whole bag.
- I ate an onion bagel with cream cheese every morning (no bacon, though). I would usually have a glass of milk on the side.
- Five Guys and Chick-Fil-A. They’re a bit of a problem (and when I say a “problem,” it’s still about once a week. But that’s way more fast food than I used to eat!).
- Things started going (somewhat) back to normal. But still loving my French fries.
OK, so now we’re in Week 13. Right now, here are some examples of my daily eats …
Frosted Mini Wheat cereal with 2% milk, and some defrosted strawberries thrown in.
- Protein bars
- String cheese
- V8 juice (trying to get in some veggies!)
- Granola bars
- The list is endless …
Simple noodle soup. It hit the spot.
Paired with (randomly …):
… a mini flatbread pizza. Yum!
I haven’t cooked a lot of new recipes lately, but within the past week and a half, I have made three of our favorites!
If you have a slow cooker, you have to try some of these recipes. They are so easy and (in my personal opinion) super delicious!
Question for ya …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
For me, it was the French fries at Chili’s on Saturday.
Is the weather cooling down where you live? If so, what foods has the cooler weather made you crave?
Any weird or embarrassing food combinations that you’re willing to admit to (pregnant or not!)?