Another Wednesday, another WIAW post …
But actually, that’s not true. I’m not going to share my eats like I normally do this week.
Because honestly, I’d be embarrassed to show you. I haven’t been feeling like myself this past week, and my food choices have been adding to my identity crisis.
So instead, I’m just going to share one fabulous dinner idea with you.
A fabulous and unbelievably easy dinner idea. Sound good?
When we were in Europe, I ate a lot of pizza.
But I also had a pasta dish in Barcelona that was so simple, yet so delicious …
… it seriously blew me away.
So I recreated it at home. Not once, but twice last week.
Because it was that good.
And it was that easy.
Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Red Pepper Flakes
(slightly modified from this recipe)
(Note: Next time, I would double the recipe because it barely served myself and my always hungry husband!)
- 8 ounces of spaghetti (I usually use whole-wheat, but I went white this time for the authentic flavor!)
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (warning: if you can’t handle spicy foods, scale back on the red pepper flakes)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box. Be sure to cook it to “al dente.”
- In the meantime, measure out your salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add minced garlic to the bowl.
- After your pasta is cooked and drained, immediately transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix everything together.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This recipe made my mouth very very happy.
It also made my wallet very happy, because it was so cheap to make!
Just go. Go try it. Right now.
Question for you …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
Do you have a simple but delicious recipe to share? Link up!
Thoughts on Big Brother?
Shane made a super brave move this week. I’m curious to see if it comes back to bite him in the butt on Thursday, since it’s a double eviction night!