I mentioned a while ago that all of my friends are having baby girls right now.
So we’ve been planning a lot of pink baby showers!
To keep with the pink theme, I started doing some online searches for pink desserts.
And I came across a definite winner!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
(Modified from this recipe)
Makes around 22-24 cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
(Note: this makes a lot of frosting. You could probably cut the frosting ingredients in half and still have enough!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, butter, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop tablespoons of the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or spray it with cooking spray). The cookies may spread, so don’t put them too close together!
- Bake cookies for about 8-12 minutes. The edges will start to look a little brown, but the inside will not look finished. That’s OK. They’ll finish setting outside of the oven!
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet outside of the oven for several minutes before transferring to a cooking rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Sift the confectioners sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat well for several minutes, until smooth and thick.
- Once the cookies are cooled, frost them and add sprinkles!
These cookies are easy, pretty, and delicious!
They’re also super soft and moist, which is exactly how I love my cookies!
And if you want to mix it up a little, you can always turn these cookies into whoopie pies!
Just put the cream cheese frosting between two cookies and enjoy!
These give my pumpkin whoopie pies (one of my favorite desserts ever!) a run for their money!
Try these. Make them for your sweetie. Make them for a special little girl. Make them for a regular Friday night.
Just make them!
Question for ya …
Ever made cake-mix cookies?
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?