In honor of WIAW, I want to share a delicious pasta recipe that I made last night!
Spicy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage
(Adapted from this recipe)
- 14.5 ounce package of whole-wheat bowtie pasta
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. butter plus 1.5 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust more or less, depending on how spicy you like your food!)
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- about half of an 8 oz. container of sundried tomatoes, chopped (I would have used even more, but Brandon isn’t a huge fan of sundried tomatoes!)
- 12 oz. package of chicken sausage, chopped into bite-size pieces (you could also use cooked chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set to the side.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your sauce. Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add cream, salt, and pepper. Stir for a few minutes. Once the mixture starts boiling, remove it from the heat and add the parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. Stir together.
- In another sauté pan, brown your chicken sausage over medium heat. It’s already cooked, so you’re just trying to get it warmed up. Once it’s heated through, put all of the sausage into a bowl and set to the side.
- In that same pan, melt the remaining 1.5 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts and stir. After another minute, add the chicken sausage and about half of the sauce. Stir together.
- Add the pasta and remaining sauce to the pan. Stir together. Serve and enjoy!
This dish has cream, butter, and cheese.
Clearly it isn’t going to win any awards for “healthiest meal of the year.”
But who cares, when it’s so darn tasty?!
This is a meal meant to be enjoyed every now and then. Not every night. But we sure did enjoy it, and I hope you do, as well!
Question for ya …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
What is one of your favorite “treat” meals?