Who’s in the mood for some chocolate?
I tried these cupcakes on Monday, and I absolutely loved them. They turned out super moist and full of chocolate flavor.
Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
(slightly modified from this recipe)
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Make sure they’re mashed really well (mine didn’t have big lumps, but you could still see some of the banana pieces after the cupcakes were baked. Not a big deal, but not what I wanted!).
- Add sugar, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and egg (beat egg in a separate bowl before adding) to the banana. Stir together.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a spatula or wooden spoon, until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners. They will be filled to the top.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave. Add about a teaspoon of peanut butter onto the top of each cupcake. Using a toothpick, swirl the peanut butter into the batter in each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
OK, so these may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but they’re certainly better than normal cupcakes.
And the best part is … they don’t taste like you tried to make them healthier.
This is my first time trying a recipe from Sally’s blog. But it certainly won’t be my last. Go check out her site. She has some incredibly tasty-looking recipes!!
Question for ya …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
What is your favorite recipe that is a healthier version of the original? Link up!
Favorite kind of cupcake?