Get it? Because this post is about a shake?
Ahhhhh I crack myself up.
I told her that I was grossed out by the idea of spinach in a smoothie. But she insisted that it was tasty, and I promised to try it out.
This afternoon, I made good on my promise.
Basically I just threw a bunch of things in the blender that I would normally use to make a smoothie… half a frozen banana, a few frozen strawberries, a 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a few ice cubes.
I also added 1/2 a container of strawberry yogurt.
The last step was a handful of spinach.
And guess what?
It was actually GOOD! You couldn’t taste the spinach at all. Seriously. It just tasted like a normal smoothie. But you get the extra bonus from all of the awesome nutrients found in spinach! Sounds like a winner to me!
Thanks, Kat, for the idea!!
In other news, let’s talk reality TV…
If you don’t want to read about Big Brother, now would be the time to say good-bye.
OK, I have so many thoughts about last night’s episode!
Here’s just a few of them:
1. I love Jordan. She is so funny. During the veto competition, “I walk and chew gum all the time!” Too cute.
2. I also love Jeff. He makes more sense than the rest of the cast combined. Telling Jordan not to take 2 weeks of slop was smart, in my opinion. If there was no way she was going to win, why allow her to starve to death? At least if she keeps eating, she’ll be strong for the next round of competitions.
3. Jordan said exactly what I was thinking and I mentioned in the blog earlier this week. The other girls are intimidated because Cassi is so gorgeous. She really hasn’t done anything to put a target on her back. What’s the expression? “It’s hard to be beautiful”? I think Cassi can relate to that one. (Maybe that’s not an expression and I’m just making it up? In any event, it fits with the point I’m trying to make, ok?!)
4. Rachel makes me tired. She is getting way ahead of herself. Like Jeff said, it’s only the 2nd week! Relax! And I love when she was pouting to Brendon and said, “No wonder America hates me!” Fairly accurate statement, I’m afraid.
5. I have a feeling that the veterans’ alliance is going to be breaking up shortly. Daniele’s showing more interest in Dominic than in her alliance, Brendon can’t keep Rachel’s mouth closed, and Jeff looks like he’s ready to close it permanently through some means of violence! Yikes!
Questions for ya…
What were your thoughts on last night’s episode?
Who do you think is going home tonight?
(I think it will be a miracle if Cassi doesn’t go home)