I’m feeling very random today. So this is a post of my random thoughts. Just go with me, OK?
- I love Big Brother. I seriously think it’s my favorite show of all time (at least in the top 5 … Gilmore Girls is definitely a favorite, too.). I don’t know why, but if fascinates me. There’s just something about the combination of goofy contests, occasional surprises, and constant backstabbing that pulls me in every. single. time. But I don’t really have a favorite contestant this year. I liked Aaryn for about a second, and then she started making completely inappropriate comments. Then I liked Amanda, but she suddenly turned in to a whiny middle-schooler. So right now, I’m impartial. Anyone else have a favorite?
- I tried making boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker the other day. I just added BBQ sauce and let them cook on low. They came out dry and practically jerky-like. Where did I go wrong?
- On a happier recipe note, I tried Amy’s recipe for grilled chili-lime chicken the other day, and it turned out perfectly! Thanks for the recipe, Amy!
- My mom recently bought me a new computer as an early birthday/Christmas gift. I know I’ll grow to love it, but it’s taking some getting used to. It’s an HP and has Windows 8 on it. Both are new to me. And I’m so not a techie. Help.
- I’m reading this book:
… for a mentoring group I’m in. If you are a woman who struggles at all with worry, anxiousness, or contentment, I highly recommend it. Good stuff.
- Taking care of a baby makes the day go by SO quickly. I blink and it’s already time for dinner. And I feel as though I’ve gotten nothing accomplished.
But I have to say it’s worth it when I see this face …
- Who else is ready for football season?! I’m not a big NFL fan, but I love college football!
For those who don’t already know, I’m an alum of the University of Florida, so I’m a big Gator fan!
My husband, on the other hand, is a die-hard Buckeye!
I sometimes like to throw the numbers “41-14” around to him (you know what I’m talking about if you’re a Gator fan! ). But I can’t brag too much right now because the Gators haven’t exactly had the best seasons recently …
- This article made me cry. Good stuff.
- Finally, I’m going to try to include a video of Addie laughing in her bouncer a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know if it’s going to work and if it doesn’t, I apologize. Live Writer (how I write my blogs) is being funny today! Or maybe it’s this new computer making me crazy again! Anyway, I hope you can see it!
That’s all for now! Hope everyone has a great week!
Question for ya …
Favorite television show?
Any idea why my ribs were such a failure?
What did you do over the weekend?