Hope no one’s sick of pumpkin yet … because obviously I’m not!
I know I already posted one recipe for pumpkin pancakes, but I thought that this recipe would be good for those of us who like to take the easy route and use a boxed mix! I’d say I fit into that category about
50% 75% the time!
And if you are a purist, like my husband, you don’t have to add the chocolate chips. Brandon thinks it takes away from the pumpkin flavor. Although I see his point, I don’t care. I like chocolate!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Makes about 14-15 pancakes
- 2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup low fat milk
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mix everything except the “optional” ingredients together.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and get the griddle nice and hot.
- Pour batter onto griddle with a ¼ measuring cup.
- Add chocolate chips to each pancake.
- When small bubbles form, flip pancakes.
- Let cook on the other side until cooked through.
- Put finished pancakes on a plate covered with foil until ready to serve.
- Serve with powdered sugar and whipped cream, or syrup, if you prefer!
I mean, come on, how can you resist an excuse to have chocolate and whipped cream before 9 am??
But they’re pumpkin pancakes, so that makes them healthy … right?
Question for ya …
Are you starting to get sick of pumpkin, or do you still have pumpkin fever??
Pancakes from a mix or from scratch?
Who thinks the Kim Kardashian wedding was a publicity stunt?
I didn’t think so at first, but then I heard the “E channel’s” statement about the news, and it made me question …