Happy New Year’s Eve, my friends!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday last week. Brandon and I spent the entire week in Florida … first visiting family in Sarasota, then on a little “baby-moon” in Marco Island. We had the BEST time, and I’ll be doing a recap of the trip later this week!
But for now, I need to catch up on some pregnancy updates!
What is (was) baby Addison doing during Week 25?
According to this website, “Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week’s end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren’t ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby’s tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar.”
What is baby Addison doing during Week 26?
According to this website, “She now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there’s not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (“Hey, I’m in here, Mommy! Where’s the party!”) What accounts for that response? Her brain is more developed and sophisticated.”
- I was feeling her kick less often for a few days, which caused me to worry a bit. But after doing some reading, I think she may have just been in a position that prohibited me from feeling her kicks. After those few days, I started feeling her kicking like crazy again!
- A little acid reflux, but not too bad.
- Getting bigger and bigger! (But my holiday eating probably didn’t help that situation too much. )
Still no true “cravings,” but I enjoyed plenty of good holiday eats. And I probably ate my weight in these:
My mom made them from scratch, some with Hershey Kisses and some with Reese’s Cups. Heaven!
- Well, we were in Florida for the week, so that was certainly fun. I got to wear my maternity bathing suit almost every day (it was hot enough that I didn’t care what anyone thought of me or my belly!), and I got to talk to a few other mommys-to-be that were also on vacation!
- Strangers have no fear asking me about my pregnancy at this point. So I guess it’s pretty obvious.
- I had another doctor’s appointment before we left for Florida, and everything looked good!
Question for ya …
Catch me up on your lives! How was your holiday? What did you do? What did you eat?
New Year’s Eve plans?
If anyone else is pregnant and reading this, tell me how your pregnancy is going!
(Kim Kardashian, that includes you! )