1. Y’all, this post shouldn’t even be called “Fun Friday.” It should be called “Thank you, Lord, for getting me through this week.” Seriously.
2. Why so dramatic? I’ve just had a bit of a tiresome week. We got home from Florida on Sunday, and then Brandon had to leave Monday morning on a work-related trip. It was just me and Addie all week, by ourselves, which is always challenging. Plus, we were both recovering from colds. Plus, my phone didn’t work for several days due to some outages in the area. Plus … well, I think that’s enough complaining for one post. Let’s just agree that there are some weeks that are easier than others. And this wasn’t one of those easy weeks!
3. After I asked you all your opinion on my coffee habit, I totally caved and started drinking it every day. And it is glorious.
4. I said on Monday that I was going to talk more about our Thanksgiving eats later in the week. The original plan was to do a whole food-related post on Wednesday. But then this week happened (see #2 for the rant).
So instead, you’re getting the abbreviated version. I’m sure you’re devastated.
Here are the take home points:
- It was probably my favorite Thanksgiving meal in a long long time. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, and noodles. Everything was super flavorful and made me very very happy.
- The highlight of the meal has always been and always will be my great-grandmother’s noodles.
- I also made a pumpkin cheesecake for the first time.
I followed this recipe exactly. It wasn’t the quickest or easiest thing to make, but it was delicious.
If you need to make a dessert for a Christmas party, this cheesecake would definitely impress your friends!
Or there’s always the option of making my pumpkin whoopie pies. They’re always a big crowd pleaser!
5. My blogger BFF shared a post from another blogger this week on Facebook. It’s basically about saying “no” during the holiday season to keep your sanity. Some of you may not agree with her viewpoint, but I loved it.
Here’s just one quote from her post: “Always choose the relationship with your kids over the Advent activity that makes you scream. Always choose the Simple over the Pinnable.”
6. I want to make these Red Velvet Oreo Brownies like, right now. They combine three of Brandon’s favorite things, so maybe I can make them for “him,” and then just eat half the pan myself. That’s not selfish, right?
7. You guys. As I was typing this (on Thursday evening), I got a call from our 6-year-old niece. She wanted to talk to Aunt Kristen. Why? She was sad because she missed her cousin Addison!
Is that not the sweetest thing ever? My heart melted into a puddle on the floor!
Well on that adorable note, it’s time for me to say good-bye! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Question for ya …
What are you up to this weekend?
Have any recipes you want to share? Link up!