1. This video about parenting is hilarious. It’s a little crass, but super funny. If you haven’t seen it yet, you need to watch it ASAP.
And really, isn’t anyone with a British accent just a little bit more entertaining? I think so.
2. So let’s talk about coffee.
Prior to getting pregnant, I had coffee every single day. Once we started thinking about having a baby, I quit. And I had to go through the super fun process of caffeine withdrawal. So after that experience, I was determined not to get addicted again.
But I just really really like coffee. Especially now that the temperature is getting cooler. So here’s my theory: if I have it every other day, I won’t get addicted.
Thoughts? Do you think this is a good strategy? Or should I just give in to temptation and become a “cup a day” girl again?
P.S. It’s especially difficult to avoid temptation now that my husband is suddenly a coffee drinker. He’s barely touched it his whole life until the last few months. Now he wants it almost daily!
3. We’re going to Florida for a few days next week to see our family. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone. But want to take a guess what I’m not looking forward to?
Packing was never a challenge until a child came into the picture. Suddenly it has turned into a dreaded task.
Just a small sampling of the things I need to remember: Diapers, formula, baby food, spoons/bowls, sippy cup, monitor, sound machine, toys, books, onesies, PJ’s, outfits, hats, socks, bottles, burp clothes, bibs, wipes …
… annnd I’m exhausted.
4. I need my sister-in-law’s expert advice on something: into vs. in to. Am I using it correctly?!
Ex: Or should I just give in to temptation and become a “cup a day” girl again?
Ex: Packing was never a challenge until a child came into the picture.
(Tell me I’m not the only one who has forgotten half of what I learned in school!)
5. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I love “Gilmore Girls.”
I don’t know why, but it is the one show that never gets old to me. I’ve probably watched every episode close to 10 times, and yet I still find it hilarious. Every day I tape the reruns on the Family Channel, and (if Addie’s nap permits) I watch them in the afternoon. It’s a small thing that gives me (an embarrassing amount of) pleasure.
6. Addie is continuing to improve her crawling skills. However, she is now doing something else that’s making me incredibly nervous. She does this “downward facing dog” thing, then tries to bring her torso up, so that she’s almost in a standing position. Needless to say, she’s starting to accumulate a few bumps and bruises.
But she’s still as adorable as ever.
Question for ya …
What TV show or movie can you watch over and over again?
Are you a coffee addict?
Want to pack for me?
I’ll pay you in hugs.