Another happy Monday, friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Here’s a few random thoughts from yours truly, to start your week off right. Enjoy!
1. I am loving the cooler temperatures that we’re getting in the mornings and evenings right now. They get me in such a great mood for the autumn season. So much so, that I had (yes, had) to go buy some fall scented candles on Saturday.
Just FYI, they were buy one, get one for 50% off. So if you love fall scents, now would be the time to go check out Yankee Candle.
2. I have decided that as cute as Old Navy clothes can be, I need to stop trying to shop there. Nothing ever fits me properly. Their colored jeans gave me a super-sexy third butt cheek.
(Enjoy that visual. )
3. We love our new house.
But want to know what we don’t love?
Our new cable/internet company. We have been having issues literally since the day we moved into this house more than 3 months ago. Charter, you’re killing me.
4. Brandon’s brother, Matt, was in town this weekend. They went to the “Tour Championship” (that would be a golf event, for those who are even more clueless about these things than I am!), and got to see the “big boys,” like Tiger, Rory, and Bubba.
I gave Brandon his ticket for an early birthday present. I think I won a year’s worth of wifey brownie points!
5. For those who watch Big Brother, were you surprised by the winner?
Brandon was happy that Ian won, but I wasn’t a big Ian fan. I really thought Dan should have won … he was the Puppet Master all season, pulling all of the other contestants’ strings!
6. The other night, I cooked dinner without any type of recipe!
Usually when I cook, I might tweak someone else’s recipe, but I still follow some form of a recipe.
So I was kinda proud of myself for mixing things up in the kitchen.
I didn’t use exact measurements, but here’s the general idea …
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. whole-wheat pasta
- several broccoli florets
- Alfredo sauce (maybe a cup?)
- 1 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant (less than a minute).
- Pull pan off of heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water, according to instructions on the box.
- Two minutes before the pasta is done cooking, add broccoli to boiling water.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Put the mixture into a large bowl. Add chicken mixture to bowl.
- Add Alfredo sauce to the bowl, and more salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Put the entire mixture into a casserole dish.
- Spread breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese over the mixture. Cut the butter into little pieces and place them randomly on top of everything.
- Bake for around 10 minutes, until the top is brown.
- Serve with garlic bread and Caesar salad!
I wouldn’t exactly call this a gourmet dish, but it was pretty darn tasty! And Brandon gobbled it right up, which is always a good sign!
Well I guess that’s it for today, my friends! I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Thoughts on the winner of Big Brother?
Is there a store that you want to shop at, but their clothes never fit you properly (tell me I’m not the only one this happens to!)?
Favorite fall scent?
I love pumpkin, but I also love spiced apple. Yum!