So before we talk about WIAW, can we just pause to savor the moment?
Sigh. Moment savored.
(Brandon, I still love you more!! )
Thanks, Jenn, for hosting the par-ty!
Another green smoothie …
… and bacon. I know. It’s not normal. But it just sounded so darn good!
Wasabi peas. So spicy, and so delicious!
I put two chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cooked them in water on low for 8 hours. After I removed the meat from the slow cooker and shredded it, I set some aside for my chicken pesto pizza (see below). The rest of the chicken I mixed with Mexican spices (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper), threw it in a tortilla, and topped it with cheddar cheese and salsa. Tasty, and crazy easy!
Salad with balsamic vinegar +
Chicken Pesto Pizza! (Recipe below.)
OK, let’s talk about this pizza dough first.
I made the dough once last week, and it was the base for an amazing BBQ chicken pizza.
I made it again a few days later, but decided to change it up and make Pesto Chicken Pizza instead!
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Makes 2 pizzas
(Adapted from this recipe)
- 2 packets of instant yeast powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups regular flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Brush a little extra oil on the top of the dough, flip it over, and brush oil on the other side.
- Lay a clean dish towel over the bowl, and let the dough rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out using a floured rolling pin.
- Put the rolled out dough on a cookie sheet. Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oven, add toppings, and then bake again for another 5-7 minutes, until cheese melts.
Pesto Chicken Pizza
- Homemade (or store-bought) dough
- Store-bought pesto
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooked chicken, shredded (see above for slow cooker method) or cubed
- Bacon, torn into small pieces (optional)
(Note: I don’t give quantities, because it’s just based on your own personal taste.)
- Spread pesto on pizza dough. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Top with shredded chicken and bacon.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
I’m pretty much obsessed with pesto (and evidently bacon, this week), so this pizza was heaven on a plate. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Question for ya …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
Have you ever noticed a change in your taste buds? What foods have you eaten recently that are out of the norm for you?
Who else loves Tim Tebow?
Thoughts on Big Brother?
I have a love-hate thing with Mike Boogie. I love him because he’s a fellow Gator, but I can’t stand how cocky he is! And yet, I still kind of want him and Frank to win!