Want a healthy recipe that makes you all warm and gooey inside?
Try this recipe for Baked Apples. It fills your house with an incredible cinnamon scent, it tastes great, and it’s low in calories!
Modified from skinnytaste.com
(Serves 2 people)
- One apple
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oats (I used old-fashioned)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 container fat-free vanilla yogurt (the one-serving container, not the tub! )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a bowl. To the melted butter, add the brown sugar, flour, and oats. Mix together.
- Cut apple in half and remove core.
- Place apple on foil-lined baking sheet. Add mixture into the middle of each apple half.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chopped walnuts, vanilla yogurt, and another dash of cinnamon.
Brandon and I both really enjoyed this dessert. It’s super easy, extremely tasty, and pretty darn healthy!
Question for ya …
What are some of your favorite fruity desserts?
What food makes you feel warm and gooey inside?