My husband, Brandon, loves anything with buffalo chicken. Buffalo chicken dip is one of his all-time favorite snacks (I’ll be posting that recipe during football season. ).
So for lunch the other day, I threw together a few ingredients that I had on hand, and came up with “Buffalo Chicken Wraps.”
It’s a super easy and extremely delicious lunch idea!
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Sliced pre-cooked chicken (approx 1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Hot Sauce
- Light Ranch Dressing (it’s up to you how much to use)
- Approx 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Approx 2 tbsp chopped red onion (optional)
- Put a slice of cheese on each tortilla.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet (one at a time, unless you can fit more in your skillet!) on medium-low heat until cheese has slightly melted (note: I actually stuck mine in the oven to melt the cheese, but this caused the tortillas to get too crispy … so I’d try the skillet method instead!).
- In the meantime, put your butter in a bowl and microwave to melt it. Then add hot sauce and chicken to the bowl. Stir to mix.
- After your tortillas are ready, add your chicken into each tortilla. Then top with lettuce, red onion, and ranch dressing.
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
I forgot to take a picture of everything wrapped up … I was too hungry to think about it! Oops!
These are delicious and could be made healthier by just using shredded cheese (you’d probably use less this way) and omitting the butter. Or you could just enjoy them as is … nothing wrong with a little butter!
Question for ya …
Do you have a favorite wrap?
What do you usually made for weekend lunches?