I’ve got a winning recipe today!
Bourbon Street Chicken
(modified from this recipe)
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (this was good, but next time I might use thigh meat for even more flavor)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. apple-cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Broccoli florets
- White rice, for serving (or you can use brown!)
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the broccoli and white rice) into the skillet and cook over medium heat for just a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is blended.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and bring the mixture to a hard boil.
- Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- While you’re waiting for it to cook, throw the broccoli into a microwave-safe bowl with a little water and cook for a minute or two, until almost cooked through. Drain the broccoli and add it to the chicken mixture, when the chicken mixture is almost done cooking. Let everything cook together for the last couple of minutes.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!
This recipe was one of those successful Pinterest finds.
I loved that it was:
1. Easy (hello, just throw everything into a pan. done!)
2. Quick (less than 30 minutes from start to finish)
3. Delicious (the sauce is spicy, sweet, and full of flavor.)
I have no idea why it’s called Bourbon Street Chicken, but it doesn’t matter. Just call it awesome. Because it was.
Question for ya …
Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
Best Pinterest recipe you’ve tried? Link it up!!