Happy Wednesday, everyone!
I’m excited to tell you about my eats today because: a) I made something other than peanut butter and banana on whole-wheat toast for breakfast (shocking, I know) and b) I have a sensible snack idea to share!
As always, we give props to Jenn for hosting WIAW!
No, I’m not sick of my normal combination yet. I just needed to use up some leftover lunch meat. So I microwaved a beaten egg for about 30 seconds, and then added the egg to a toasted whole-wheat sandwich thin and topped it with turkey slices and grape jelly. I also had watermelon because watermelon is delicious (and cheap) right now!
That would be my epic (yes, I said it) chicken burger from Farm Burger. Go back and check Monday’s post for details, if you’d like. But let’s just say kale coleslaw is one of the best ideas ever.
My blender is back in business, guys!
For this smoothie I used:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- handful of frozen strawberries
- handful of ice
- half a frozen banana
- 1/2 tbsp. dark chocolate peanut butter
- handful spinach
I’m sorry, but homemade smoothies are so much better than store bought, in my opinion. Such a good, filling snack!
This shrimp dish was light, flavorful, and super easy to make. Recipe to come on Friday!
I’ve always thought that I’ve had a special relationship with Ben and Jerry.
They always make my favorite ice cream flavors … like Red Velvet Cake and Chubby Hubby.
But this time? I think they might know me a little too well.
Banana Peanut Butter Greek frozen yogurt?? Have they been spying on my kitchen every morning, as I make my breakfast?
If you like the combination of peanut butter + banana as much as I do, you need to try this. The end.
And now, let’s talk “The Bachelorette!”
(Warning: Possible spoilers ahead!)
1. I kind of have to agree with the 50 million other people who said this may be the most boring season ever. I like Emily, but she’s not very entertaining. Like, at all. I did, however, enjoy when she said she’d go “West Virginia, hood rat, backwoods on his ***!” I have no idea what that means, but it was probably the most humorous thing she’s said all season!
2. I know the producers edit this show to make certain people look good and certain people look bad. But let’s be honest, Kalon was never making it to the final 2, or even the final 4. Sure, it was bad that he called Emily’s daughter “baggage.” Shame on him. But it was also a great excuse for Emily to dump his behind.
3. And finally, call me crazy …
… but I think I prefer Doug as a woman.
Question for ya …
Tell me the best thing you’ve eaten this week!
What do you like to put in your smoothies?
Will you be trying Ben & Jerry’s frozen Green yogurt?
Thoughts on “The Bachelorette?”