As hard as it is for me to believe, my sweet Addie is 6 months old today.
Half a year. Gone far too quickly.
These last 6 months have been the most challenging and most special of my life.
I love this little girl more than I ever thought possible. Life is just sweeter because she’s here.
So what has Addison been up to this last month?
- She’s sitting up like a pro now.
I still keep close to her because she’ll occasionally flop over … usually when she’s stretching to grab something she shouldn’t have (i.e., my cell phone). But for the most part, she’s a pretty good sitter!
- She continues to try more solids. New ones include butternut squash, peaches, pears, and green beans. Oh, and in between bites, she often enjoys sucking on her toes!
(At some point soon, I’ll be sharing how I’m making some of our baby food at home!)
- She also likes taking small sips of water out of her sippy cup. It’s hilarious to watch her hold it like a “big girl” and drink from the straw!
- She is obsessed with getting everything humanly possible in to her mouth. And she doesn’t seem to care if the item weighs one pound or 10. She will find a way to get it in there.
- She is also obsessed with paper. When I take her with me to get the mail, she’s lunging for it. And if I try to read her a paper-back book, she’s much more focused on eating the book than reading it!
- She laughs deep, belly-laughs when she’s tickled under her arms, on the backs of her legs, and on her sides. Her laughs will never get old to me!
- She is now getting a kick out of “peek-a-boo!”
- Textures are also an interest now. She loves touching the couch cushions, the patio chairs, the wood frame around our mirror … anything that has a new and interesting texture.
- I would swear she was teething, but I haven’t seen any signs of teeth yet. But she gnaws on everything she can fit into her mouth, especially her teething rings!
- She makes a ton of silly faces:
Seeing those silly faces puts the biggest smile on my face!
- Her sleeping continues to be great (knocks huge quantities of wood). She typically sleeps 7:30pm-7:00am. She has two longer naps, which range from 1 hour, 15 minutes to 2 hours each. She also usually has a catnap in the early evening that lasts 20-30 minutes, tops. She sleeps on her back, belly, or side … it varies. I always put her on her back, but you never know where she’ll end up!
- I don’t know her height and weight yet because her well-visit isn’t until next week. But my guess is that she’s close to 15 pounds.
And that’s Addison at 6 months old!
Question for ya …
If you have little ones, tell me what new things they’ve been doing recently!