Addie is 5 months old?
How did this happen??
This past month has been pretty incredible. I feel like so much has changed in just a few short weeks!
So what has Addison been up to this last month?
- She started grabbing at her feet! The funny part is, it’s always her left foot and her left hand. Maybe we have another lefty in the family?
- She has discovered a way to get around … she makes a “bridge” with her back, pushes off with her feet, and scoots around the floor! It’s hilarious!
- She started sleeping on her side for naps. It’s the cutest thing. I’ll put her in the crib on her back, but she’ll immediately turn to the side and stick her fingers in her mouth. It helps her fall asleep, so it works for me!
- Just within the last week, she started consistently rolling from her back to her belly (she was doing it before, but not very often). This also means that sometimes she rolls onto her belly in the crib and sleeps that way. But it’s been challenging because belly-sleeping is new to her, so she’s still getting used to it!
- She loves playing with blocks. I build a tower, and then she knocks it down. She’ll play that game over and over again!
- She continues to improve her eye-hand coordination, but it’s still not perfected. She can grab things and bring them to her mouth, but they usually fall pretty quickly.
- She can sit assisted really well. She’s working on sitting up by herself, but she definitely isn’t there quite yet.
- She started eating solid foods! So far, we have done oat cereal, roasted sweet potatoes, bananas, and avocado. Her favorite is definitely sweet potato!
I plan to (hopefully) make most of her food myself, but I also have no issue with using some store-bought options. I’m sure I’ll do a whole other post on this topic later!
- She loves my old Cookie Monster toy!
My mom brought some of my old stuffed animals and books the last time she visited. It’s been fun to share these things with my daughter!
- She loves when we make funny noises and facial expressions. I think daddy probably makes her laugh more than anyone!
- When my mom came to visit this time, Addie finally acknowledged the presence of Sophie (my mom’s dog). At first, she wasn’t too sure what to think. She even pouted when she saw me holding Sophie. But they became buddies pretty quickly!
I could probably go on, but you get the idea! I am enjoying each new phase more and more. She is the sweetest, cutest, funniest little girl we could have ever hoped for. We are truly blessed!
Question for ya …
If you have children, what new things have they been doing recently?
What did you do this weekend?
I went to my friend’s baby’s 1st birthday party! It was so special seeing her little girl growing up! It was also fun to catch up with some church friends!
Big Brother followers … who do you think is going to win this week??
At the moment (and I’m writing this post on Sunday afternoon), I’m actually cheering on Gina Marie. But my feelings on this topic seem to change weekly!