It’s funny. I figured that now that I’m staying home full-time, I wouldn’t really notice the difference between a Monday or a Friday. I mean, I do the same work every day so it doesn’t matter, right? But I’ve found that I still really look forward to the weekends, because the weekends = daddy being home! Addie and I both love having him with us all day!
And today is an extra special Friday because our sweet girl is turning 4 months old!
(Evidently she’s too cool to pose for pictures. )
This last month has been a particularly fun one. Here is what Addie has been up to:
- She grabs at objects and tries to put everything (including her clothes!) in her mouth.
- In the past, she smiled at her favorite toys. Now she seems to reserve most of her smiles for people! She just loves when we look her in the eye and give her a smile or a laugh. She almost always gives one right back to us!
- Her new favorite thing is my hair in her face! When I allow my hair to brush against her cheeks, she gets a look of pure joy and either laughs or coos!
- Her current favorite toys are either ones that light up or her “Build a Bear,” Maggie (my mom made it for her before she was born).
- She loves looking in the mirror. She also loves standing up like a big girl (with our help, of course). So if you combine the two things, she’s in heaven!
- She’s starting to get more hair! It’s blonde so you can hardly tell, but it’s there!
- She had her first little cold. Brandon had caught something when we were in Ohio, and we think he (accidently) passed it on to her. She had congestion and an occasional cough for over a week. Fortunately, it never resulted in a fever and didn’t affect her appetite.
- We think she may be teething. She’s drooling a lot and putting everything in her mouth. She’s also a little crankier than usual. I’m planning on asking the pediatrician about this on Monday at her well-visit appointment.
- She rolled over from her back to her belly for the first time! She had done the belly to back thing a few times in the past, but this was the first time she went back to belly. She did it in bed and we found her like that in the morning. So far, it’s only been that one time. But hopefully she’ll start getting more consistent soon!
- When she’s starting to get tired, she’ll whine and cry until you stand up with her and move. Heaven forbid you try to sit!
- She’s trying to start scooting on her belly! It’s so funny because she moves her legs like crazy, and you can tell she’s trying to move forward. But her hands don’t budge yet. So she’s not getting too far!
- Naps have been rough the last couple of weeks. We had previously dropped the swaddle for bedtime, and that went great. But dropping it for naps has been much more difficult. The Moms on Call woman that I’ve been emailing with (Laura) warned me that naps were difficult, and she wasn’t kidding! Pretty much all of her naps are shorter now. And although some days she does well and naps for an hour to an hour and a half at a time, other days she wakes up after 20-30 minutes and cries. It’s loads of fun. But Laura swears that the babies are able to transition after a couple of weeks, so I’m hoping that Addie starts consistently napping better soon!
- She’s starting to get the hang of her jumper! She will occasionally bounce herself, and she likes playing with the colorful toys that are attached to it.
Wow, clearly we’ve been busy this past month! There were so many new things to share!
And finally, here’s a video of Miss Addie in the bath while we were in Ohio. She had been laughing up a storm before I decided to put the camera in her face. Then she quickly changed her attitude.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Enjoy these last few weeks of summer!
Question for ya …
If you have children, what new or fun things have they been in to recently?
What are you up to this weekend?