Happy Wednesday, friends!
Yesterday, Addie turned 8 weeks old.
It’s hard to believe that on Sunday, she’ll be 2 months!
We’ve had a pretty good couple of weeks around here.
Here’s what’s been happening with Miss Addison recently:
- She’s giving us more consistent eye contact.
- She’s giving us more smiles! Every smile feels like the best gift in the world.
- She’s getting better at following objects with her eyes.
- She uses her strong little legs to push herself into a standing position when I’m holding her in my lap or when I’m trying to burp her.
- She’s looking at herself in the mirror. She probably thinks it’s another baby.
- The reflux and gas seem to have gotten much better. She still spits up on occasion, but that’s normal of any baby.
- Sleeping is going well! In fact on Saturday, Addie slept straight from 9pm-6am! Woo-hoo! That hasn’t happened again yet, but we’re hopeful that we’re getting close!
This past Saturday, we decided to venture out of the house for a little family outing.
We headed to the Suwanee Town Center Farmers’ Market, which is a place we used to love visiting last summer.
I’ve had some issues in the past with Addie not wanting to sleep when we were out and about. So I decided to try putting her in the Moby wrap for this outing.
Using the wrap was a major success. She almost immediately fell asleep when I put her in it, and she stayed asleep while we walked around and checked out all of the fun booths. Score!
I had originally been intimidated to use the wrap. I was afraid it would be complicated to use and I don’t do well with ‘complicated.’
But after watching this youtube video, I was able to wrap her up without any issue!
So if any of you new moms are intimidated by the wrap like I was, just watch the video. I swear it isn’t as difficult as you’d think!
And finally, because I know a lot of my friends and family are wanting more videos of Addie, here’s one of her smiling!
It’s quick, but it’s there.
Enjoy the rest of your week, my friends!
Question for ya …
If you have children, did you use any type of baby carrier?
I have an Ergo carrier, but she needs to be 12 lbs before I can use it (yes, I know there’s an infant insert, but I was too cheap to buy it!).
What have you been up to this week? Any fun summer activities?
Anyone watching The Bachelorette? Thoughts?
I’m not loving this season. None of the guys are impressing me that much yet. But you know I’m going to watch anyway.