We’ve had quite an eventful week around here!
- Grandma GiGi was in town, and Addie had a great time hanging out with her and her puppy, Sophie.
Sophie always wanted to be near Addie, but she was good about not getting too close. She would also get visibly upset when Addie was crying. Too funny.
- I mentioned last week that I had to start supplementing with formula because Addie hadn’t gained enough weight. Well we went back to the pediatrician’s office this week, and Addie had gained almost a full pound!! She gained 15 ounces in 1 week. The doctor was very happy with her progress.
- Her nighttime sleeping has been ah-mazing. For the past week, she has slept from 8:00 pm – 7:00 am. 11 hours. In a row. This mommy is over the moon with happiness! (And I still credit moms on call for her good sleeping. Seriously, check out their book.)
- She has been giving us consistently more eye contact and smiles now. Her smiles make my day!
- Brandon was out of town all week for work. This isn’t exactly “bad,” but it was hard to have him gone for so long. We missed him!
- It appears that my milk supply is dwindling. Now that we’re supplementing, I think Addie is getting “lazy” when it comes to breastfeeding. It must be easier for her to just wait until she gets the bottle. So now I’m not producing enough milk. For the past several days, I’ve tried pumping multiple times a day, for 20 minutes each session … in the hopes of increasing my supply. So far, nothing has changed. And it’s a lot of work. I’m frustrated and discouraged. I want to keep breastfeeding, but I just don’t know if it’s going to happen. I’ve already done a ton of online researching and probably seen every tip in the book, but if you have any personal advice, I’d welcome it!
- Addie laughs when I stick my tongue out at her. And she sometimes tries to imitate me. Hopefully I’ll get this on camera at some point!
- She likes hanging out with her ‘friends.’
- She still loves her bath time.
- She has the longest eyelashes in the world.
OK, enough of me getting all ooey-gooey about my daughter.
Now tell me what’s new with YOU!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Anyone have any fun summer vacation plans? Let me live vicariously through you!
Who’s watching Big Brother??
(I’m embarrassed at how excited I am that this show is back on!)