I have another WIAW to share, but first …
Laurie sent me this Sunshine Award!
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
Thank you so much, Laurie, for giving me the Sunshine Award! Everyone needs to be sure to go check out her blog … she just ran her first half-marathon in May! Go Laurie!!
And now for the questions:
1. Favorite color? I don’t really have a favorite color. I’m a total girly girl, so I love pink. But I also love green. And most of our house is decorated in some type of green!
2. Favorite Animal?
My mom’s puppy, Sophie.
3. Favorite number? I’ve always liked the number 15 since high school. It was my powderpuff number, and I’ve used it for various email addresses. And now, guess why else I like it?
4. Favorite color? I DON’T KNOW! STOP ASKING ME THESE HARD QUESTIONS!
5. Favorite drink? Water. A nice cold glass of Riesling is great too, though.
6. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I just joined Twitter, so I’m still learning!
7. What is your passion?
My faith. I love Jesus … the end. If you ever want to talk more about the subject, you can always email me (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
8. Giving or getting presents? Both are great, but gifts aren’t really my love language. I like giving the gift of quality time. So I’m much more likely to buy someone tickets to a football game or concert or something … so we can go together and gain those memories!
(Case in point: Brandon’s birthday gift last year … tickets to an Ohio State game!)
9. Favorite day of the week? Saturday because it’s the one day we usually have completely free. But I also love Sundays because I love our church!
10. Favorite flower? I honestly have no idea. But the flowers I picked from our backyard recently are really pretty!
Rather than give the award to 10 more people, I’m going to give it to EVERYONE reading (I know, I’m such a cheater). If anyone wants to complete the questionnaire, consider yourself nominated!
And now, let’s more on to WIAW!
Since we’re also discussing fitness this month, here’s what I’ve been doing the past week to stay healthy!
Thursday – 1 hour spin class + some weight training
Friday – rest
Saturday – ran 3.1 miles in 29 minutes
Sunday – rest/church
Monday – 1 hour cardio kickboxing/STRIKE class
Tuesday – ran 3 miles with Run Club at Lifetime
Wednesday – I’ll either do another cardio kickboxing class or maybe I’ll finally break down and take a yoga class … ?
And now eats!
Breakfast: Peanut butter and banana on an English muffin
Lunch: Salad + 1/2 of a Kashi Thin Crust Margherita pizza (this pizza was good but not very big!)
Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup (click on link for recipe). I wanted something easy and delicious that would give us plenty of leftovers for the week!
Dessert: Oreo Pudding Poke Cake. See below for details!
OK so this dessert.
I followed this recipe, so click on the link for full details.
But I did want to add one slight change to the directions, based on some of comments the original recipe received, and what worked for me!
* Don’t make the pudding until the cake comes out of the oven. When the cake comes out, first make your holes with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Then make your pudding.
After you stir everything together, let it sit for just a minute or two. You want the mixture to start thickening slightly, but you still want it to be pretty liquidy when you pour it on the cake!
And be sure to press down lightly on the pudding mixture so that it will seep down into the holes of the cake!
Be warned: This cake is seriously addicting. I may or may not have eaten
four three pieces after church on Sunday.
Question for you …
What is the best thing you’ve eaten this week?
What have you been doing to work up a sweat?
Answer one or more of the questions from the Sunshine Award!
Thoughts on The Bachelorette??