Let’s talk baby!
I know … I’m huge.
What is baby Addison doing this week?
According to this website, “Congratulations! You’ve got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn’t mean he’s finished growing — in fact, he’s still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.”
- Some swelling, especially in my feet
- Sore feet if I’ve been standing too long
- Acid reflux/heartburn
- Clumsiness (I’m always a bit clumsy, but it’s gotten worse!)
- What I’m guessing are Braxton Hicks contractions. It’s hard for me to know for sure, but that’s what I’m assuming. I’m also a lot more uncomfortable these days when she moves around. She’s obviously a lot bigger than she used to be, so her movements seem to be hitting some of my major organs.
Despite some of the unpleasant symptoms I’ve had, I have to say that I’ve been incredibly blessed with this pregnancy. To help me keep things in perspective, here are just some of the symptoms that I could have experienced, but haven’t so far …
Symptoms I HAVEN’T had:
- Back pain (very thankful about this one)
- Stretch marks
- Varicose veins in my legs
- Severe fatigue
- Leg cramps (I get them occasionally, but not often)
- Itchy belly
And that’s just to name a few. So yes, I’ve been blessed.
Not great this week. I had a couple of nights where I eventually got up and moved to the couch, because I was waking up so frequently. But over the weekend, I was able to get a solid 7-8 hours each night!
Cravings/foods I’m loving:
- Orange juice
- I’m still eating a lot of cereal and milk. Strawberry frosted mini-wheats are my favorite this week!
- I had a random craving for meat, and specifically a Publix sub, a few days ago. But I was too
lazy pregnant to go get myself one!
What the doctor is saying:
Believe it or not, my doctor actually told me that Addie is measuring a little on the small side. But he said he’s not surprised, since I’m a smaller person (or at least, I was. ). He also said that if I go more than a week beyond my due date, he’ll want to induce me. He said there are more potential risks when you start pushing 42 weeks. Although I don’t want to be induced, I’m also happy to know that I won’t have to carry around a 42 week old baby!
What we’ve been doing to prepare:
- We started packing our hospital bags. But I can’t pack my toiletries yet because I’m using them! So fingers crossed that I’ll have time to finish packing before I have to make a run to the hospital!
- Did more organizing of her things. But our upstairs guest room is currently being used as a “baby staging area,” if you will. Basically we have thrown everything in there that we know we need, but we don’t know what to do with it quite yet. Hopefully one of our moms can help us organize everything when they arrive (hint hint!).
- We treated ourselves to a date night!
Considering that this was probably going to be our last date night for a while, we went all out and headed to our favorite sushi restaurant.
Don’t worry … I only ate the cooked stuff.
Dinner was delicious. We then finished the night getting Steak & Shake milkshakes … cookies & cream for Brandon, red velvet for me.
And I was asleep by 8:45. I sure do know how to party.
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Favorite place to get a milkshake?
OK, it’s been a week since the Bachelor finale. Hopefully everyone who wants to watch it has watched it. So what are your thoughts??
I like Catherine, but I didn’t really see them together. And I really like Sean, but I don’t understand why he’s choosing to keep them in the spotlight (having the wedding on TV, doing Dancing with the Stars, etc). I think the couples who have done the best are the ones who have stayed out of the celebrity spotlight. But who knows. I hope it works out, for their sake!