Believe it or not, I am now 30 weeks pregnant. Which means I only have 10 weeks left.
How on earth did that happen??
What is baby Addison doing this week?
According to this website, “Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). Also growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he’ll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that’s been keeping him warm up until now.”
I can definitely tell that she’s getting bigger and bigger, because her kicks are packing quite the punch these days!
Disclaimer: I’m listing a lot of symptoms here, and I realize it might sound like complaining. But I’m just stating the truth. I’m not trying to complain. Because regardless of how many symptoms I have or how uncomfortable I become, I know that I am abundantly blessed.
OK, on to the complaining!
- On Friday, I started feeling what I’m guessing are Braxton Hicks contractions. I also starting having mild back pain, but it didn’t last long.
- On Saturday, for much of the day, I had lower abdominal pain. It made me a little nervous, but after resting for most of the day, I felt a lot better on Sunday!
- Bleeding gums when brushing my teeth.
- More acid reflux (but I finally broke down and bought over-the-counter medicine, and I think it’s helping!).
- Dry eyes. I’ve been leaving my contacts at home and sticking to my glasses much more often!
- I sometimes have a racing heart, and I feel out of breath quite often.
- I’m just all around more uncomfortable. Putting shoes on is more difficult. Bending down to get clothes out of the dryer is more difficult. I guess that’s just what happens when you’re carrying 20+ extra pounds in your belly!
Same as last week. Overall, I’ve been very fortunate in this area!
It feels like it’s constant these days. Every few minutes, I’m feeling her move!
Cravings/Foods I’m loving:
I’m still enjoying cereal. And really any sweets make me happy. But I’m trying to stick to mostly healthy foods.
I have to say that I’m constantly hungry these days. I’ll eat something and feel really full for maybe an hour, and then I’m ravenous again!
I worked out three times last week. I made it to the gym twice, and I walked around my neighborhood for about 30 minutes on another day.
Nothing too exciting this week! Brandon installed the chandelier in Addie’s room, and it looks so cute and girly! I can’t wait until the room is all together, and I can share pictures with all of you!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
If you’ve been pregnant before, how far along were you when you started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions?