Another happy Monday, friends!
It’s especially happy for me, because I have today off from work. Yay!
(Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr. )
If you think I look tired in the above picture, that’s because … I am.
But we’ll get to that in a sec!
What is baby Addison doing this week?
According to this website, “She weighs nearly three pounds now and measures about 17 inches. Though she’s getting pretty close to her birth length, she still has to chub out a bit. In fact, over the next 11 weeks, she’ll more than double — or even come close to tripling — her weight. And as she grows and the room in your womb gets tighter, you’ll be less likely to feel those big kicks and more likely to get poked by an elbow or jabbed by a knee.”
- Dry eyes. I’ve been wearing my glasses a lot recently, because my contacts are driving me crazy!
- Low energy levels, just since Thursday.
- Same as usual. I wake up frequently throughout the night, but I’m able to fall back asleep. I’m finally starting to find it uncomfortable to lay on my back, so I usually recognize that I’m on my back quickly and switch to my side.
- Lots of movement, especially in the early morning or when I go to bed. She makes me laugh all of the time, especially when I can see her moving around in there.
Cravings/Foods I’m loving:
- Still cereal and milk. I think my body must be craving the calcium, or something.
- I managed to work out three times last week. I went to the gym twice and did a mixture of walking on the treadmill, going on the elliptical, and lifting weights. I also did a mini-workout at home, which included going up and down the stairs many times, push-ups, and squats.
The less-happy events:
- I went to the doctor on Thursday for my glucose test. I also asked them to run a few other test, as part of a wellness check for my health insurance. Because of the extra tests, I ended up having to fast that morning … which is never good for me, especially when I’m pregnant. Then I had my blood drawn twice: once before I drank the glucose drink and once after.
By the end of that appointment, I was a hot mess. I don’t know what happened … it was almost an out-of-body experience. All I know is that I ended up sitting in a plastic chair, eating crackers and crying like a baby.
Obviously, this girl needs her food.
- The next day, they ended up drawing my blood again, prior to giving me a Rhogam shot (something to do with my blood type, because I’m O-negative). By the end of that appointment, I felt horrible … exhausted, emotional, and just plain cranky.
- I later found out that my glucose test came back fine, but that I have low iron. So I’m now starting to take an additional iron supplement in addition to my prenatal vitamins. I’m thinking that my low iron, combined with getting blood drawn three times, contributed to my complete lack of energy over the last few days. I’m crossing my fingers that the supplements will help get me back on track!
The happy events:
- Addie’s room is really starting to come together! I found a mirror at an antique shop that I love, a cute lamp at Hobby Lobby (who doesn’t love their 40% off coupons?!), and we found a chandelier that I think is going to work. I also ordered a rug online. I swear pictures will be coming soon … I just want to get the majority of the room finished before I share pics!
- Despite being fatigued, I really am so happy and just feeling incredibly blessed. I cannot wait to meet our little girl!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Who else MUST have breakfast in the mornings, or else they turn into ravage beasts?
Anyone else watching The Bachelor?? Thoughts?
I like the girl from DC … I think her name is Leslie? She seems … normal.