Time for another pregnancy update!
I am now entering my third trimester. This is crazy to me. I cannot believe how quickly time how gone!
Just as a reminder, this is how I looked at the beginning of the second trimester:
Just a tiny difference, right?
What is baby Addison doing this week?
According to this site: “Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his/her head facing downward (toward your body’s nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He/she’s busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby’s sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he/she could be dreaming already.”
- Everything that I said last week is pretty much still true. Some congestion, dry eyes, and that nagging pain between my chest and my belly. I’ve also had some acid reflux, but it hasn’t been too bad.
- I wake up several times in the night, but I’m always able to fall back asleep.
- I know that pregnant women are supposed to sleep on their sides, but I find that I am constantly rolling onto my back. My doctor says that at a certain point, it will get uncomfortable to be on my back, and my body will naturally stay on its side. That hasn’t happened yet!
- I’m feeling her moving more and more. And if it makes any sense, I can actually tell that she’s getting bigger in there. I love feeling her move. Best feeling ever.
Cravings/Foods I’m loving:
- I’ve been eating cereal and milk almost every night after dinner. Sometimes it’s a healthier cereal, like Kashi Heart to Heart. Other days, I opt for something less healthy, like Peanut Butter Toast Crunch (it’s new, and it’s awesome!).
- I only worked out twice this week, because I actually felt surprisingly sore at the end of the week. It seems like my muscles fatigue quicker these days!
- Brandon put together the crib in the nursery! We now have the crib, glider, and dresser all set up. We also put a bookcase in there, and I bought the changing pad that will go on the dresser. It’s so exciting to see her room coming together!
- I have another doctor’s appointment this Thursday. I am getting the glucose test done at this appointment. Fingers crossed that everything goes OK!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
If you’ve been pregnant before, did you have any issues sleeping on your side?