What is baby Addison doing this week?
According to this website, “For a baby, it’s time to trade in the old crown-to-rump measurement for a new head-to-toe standard. So what are your baby’s stats this week (which, coincidentally, is the end of the second trimester)? Fifteen inches — more than a foot long — and triple (or even quadruple) what it was in week 12. His/her weight is creeping up the charts as well, coming in at just over two pounds. More big news: Your baby may recognize your voice by now, so feel free to serenade your belly (start learning those lullabies!).”
So she weighs about two pounds, is more than a foot long, and can recognize my voice! Crazy!
- Some nasal congestion, especially in the morning (they say this is a pregnancy symptom, but it’s also that time of year!).
- My belly button keeps pushing out more and more. But it’s still not an official “outie!”
- I constantly have this nagging pain in one spot between my chest and my belly. I think maybe something is pushing against my ribs? It isn’t too painful … just annoying.
- My contacts seem to be drying up earlier in the day than normal. Supposedly dry eyes can be another pregnancy symptom.
- I don’t have major problems sleeping yet, but I do wake up several times during the night. And I have to use the restroom an average of three times a night. Awesome. I can’t even imagine what it will be like in another 10 weeks!
- I can feel her moving more on some days than others, which is supposedly normal right now. Sometimes she kicks when I’m in the middle of a meeting or working with a student, which always makes me smile or laugh at inappropriate moments!
- Brandon finally got to feel her again. In the past few weeks, every time he went to feel her, she would suddenly stop moving. I think his touch must calm her down. But she finally gave him a firm kick this week!
Cravings/Foods I’m Loving:
- I’ve been very hungry this week, but I’m proud to say that I’ve been sticking to (mostly) healthy choices.
- Snacks include: cereal with milk, oatmeal, frozen grapes, yogurt, protein bars, peanut butter crackers, and ice cream (like I said … mostly healthy. )
Activity Level (mine, not hers):
- I’ve been able to work out 4-5 days/week the past couple of weeks. Cardio includes walking, using the elliptical, and riding the stationary bike. I also lift weights … I just don’t do anything that involves me laying on my back or stomach. I also don’t do lunges (my doctor said they aren’t the best choice because my sense of balance is off).
- We picked up our crib and dresser/changing table. Now Brandon just has to put them together.
- We’re still trying to figure out how we want to decorate her room. I’m not the best at decorating (far from it, actually), so this process can be a little stressful for me. But I’m having plenty of fun looking at ideas on Pinterest! It’s just the actual execution part that’s a little tricky!
And finally, can I share a couple of websites with you guys?
I found this blog post to be incredibly well-written and convicting. It’s about body image and body talk. If you’ve ever struggled with these issues, I encourage you to check it out.
My church, Passion City Church, is part of an incredible conference each year called Passion. At the conference, both this year and last year, one of the focuses was on raising awareness about slavery in this world. Human slavery still exists. There are approximately 27 million slaves worldwide. And many of those, believe it or not, are in the United States. So Passion (along with many other organizations) is wanting to shine a light on slavery. If you’re interested in joining the movement, I encourage you to go check out this site. Thanks.
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Any blog posts or articles that you read recently that really hit home for you? Share the link!
Anyone want to come help me decorate my nursery? Anyone?