On Sunday night, I cooked my first official meal in our new house.
And it was awesome.
Yes, sparkling wine was enjoyed with dinner. It was, after all, an event (and a dish!) to celebrate.
Spicy Parmesan Shrimp
(slightly modified from this recipe)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 2 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- About 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3.5 cups uncooked whole wheat penne
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put the prepared shrimp in a Ziplock bag, then pour marinade into the bag. After closing the bag, toss it around to coat the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinade in the fridge (I let mine marinade for about 3 hours, but you can base it on how much time you have).
- When you’re ready for dinner, prepare your pasta according to the box instructions.
- About 5-6 minutes before [...]