This past week, I’ve been trying to make recipes that utilize ingredients that I already have in the house … ingredients that would have to be thrown out before we moved. Like butter. And eggs.
And peanut butter.
Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
(Modified from this recipe)
Makes 24-28 cookies (depending on how big you make them!)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- With your mixer, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat with mixer until fluffy.
- With a spoon (I used a wooden spoon), stir in peanut butter.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into the peanut butter mixture. Stir with spoon to combine.
- Refrigerate dough for two hours.