Another happy Monday, friends!
As hard as it is to believe, we’re already in to November. Is anyone else finding that fact mind boggling? In just a couple of short weeks, we’ll be in Ohio, visiting friends and family for the Thanksgiving holiday. Oh, and we’ll be finding out the sex of our baby. You know. No biggie.
This past weekend was an incredibly special one. I was blessed to be a part of a dear friend’s baby shower.
That’s Jessie with her mom, Jana.
Jessie is a new friend, but we’ve gotten close quite quickly. And I was honored to help throw her a baby shower for her soon-to-be bundle of joy, Jenna Lynn!
Of course, I had a ton of help. Our friend, Anna, made all of the beautiful decorations.
And Leigh (above on the right) took care of the fun games!
While Katy made these gorgeous favors:
I’m sure it’s no surprise that I took the lead with the food.
I made meatballs (click for the recipe) that were a big hit, as well as …
… double tomato bruschetta (but this time, I added fresh tomatoes as well, so it was really triple tomato bruschetta!),
pumpkin whoopie pies (always a popular little treat),
and an incredibly addicting ranch dip, with cheddar cheese and bacon (recipe to come on Wednesday!).
We also ordered cupcakes from Cuppalicious Specialty Cupcakes.
Are those not the cutest cupcakes you’ve ever seen?
For the shower, we ordered carrot cake and white chocolate raspberry cupcakes. Both were heavenly, but I think the carrot cake stole my heart.
If any of you live in the Atlanta area, you NEED to order from Cuppalicious.
No, no one’s telling me to say this. I don’t get anything free for saying this. They’re just that good. They’re some of the best cupcakes I’ve ever had. And I’m super picky when it comes to cupcakes. They need to be perfectly moist and crazy flavorful to get my vote!
But it wasn’t just the food that was enjoyable at this shower. It was also the company.
I’m very thankful for the friendships I’ve formed through Passion City Church!
Oh, and I couldn’t leave without doing the cliché pregnant lady-pose:
And now, time for another pregnancy update!
OK, folks. I think it’s official. I’m pregnant. There’s no denying it at this point. Baby M. has decided to make his or her presence clearly known this week!
Symptoms this week:
- More headaches. Not every day, but they still like to make their appearance from time to time.
- I woke up with a horrible leg cramp in the middle of the night last week. My calf muscle was sore for the whole following day. Yikes!
- 7 pounds total. And I’m pretty sure 6.5 of those pounds are in my midsection, while the other .5 is probably in my chest.
- I wouldn’t say I’ve had any cravings per se, but I did decide that it would be a good idea to dip anything and everything into the leftover ranch dip this weekend. Vegetables, chips, honey mustard pretzels, my finger, a dish rag … you know, whatever.
- The fact that I’m finally showing is fun. I’ve had lots of people commenting on my belly or wanting to touch it this week. If I’m going to be completely transparent with you guys, I’m still dealing with a bit of insecurity, as my body is changing. But overall, I’m just excited that my baby is obviously growing like he or she is supposed to be growing!
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
What are some foods that you usually like to eat at wedding/baby showers? (I like getting new ideas!)
Favorite baby shower game?
Which cupcake would you have gone for: white chocolate raspberry or carrot cake?
(Final note: The cupcake pictures are courtesy of my friend, Alanna. She has a much better camera than I do!! Thanks, girl!)