Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Brandon and I spent most of it doing boring grown-up errands, but I finished my errands in plenty of time on Saturday to see the Gators kick some serious booty!
I have a really special giveaway that I want to share with you guys today, but first, let’s do a baby update!
As you can see, the tiniest of bumps is starting to make an appearance.
One of my girlfriends sent me Jenny McCarthy’s book called Belly Laughs (which is completely inappropriate, but also pretty funny), and I think Jenny says it best when she refers to this stage as growing a “protective fat layer” around the belly. You aren’t really showing yet, but you are gaining necessary weight around the midsection. So you don’t look pregnant, but it’s starting to be clear that something is going on in there!
Symptoms this week:
- Some acid reflux,
- Still a lot of headaches.
Jenny has a whole chapter devoted to pregnancy headaches. And I completely agree with her description: “The only relief was a Tylenol and a heating pad for my neck. That took a whole 2 percent of the pain away. I was then left trying to figure out what to do with the other 98 percent.”
And it’s so true. You’re allowed to take Tylenol when you’re pregnant, but it doesn’t help. Darn hormones.
My mom has told me on multiple occasions that when she was pregnant with me, she craved Kentucky Fried Chicken. I always laughed, but I never thought that I would have the same cravings, because I don’t think I’ve eaten KFC in about 20 years.
Surprise! Guess what I insisted on picking up for dinner Thursday night??
I know it’s absolutely horrible for you, and I probably won’t eat it again for another 20 years (or at least 20 days … ), but man, did it hit the spot that night!
I have my next doctor’s appointment tomorrow. He will just be listening for the heartbeat and taking some measurements, but prayers are always appreciated!
So about a month ago, my friend Emily from church got me in contact with her friend, Sarah.
Sarah is a representative for a company called Noonday Collection.
Here is how Sarah described the company:
“Noonday is a direct sales company that connects people with accessories hand-made by vulnerable groups of people from all over the world. The aim of the company is to create a pathway out of poverty for the artisans and their families through dignified job creation.”
If you go to their website, you can read a little more about their story. Basically, it started out with a woman and her husband who visited Uganda in 2010 and decided they wanted to adopt. The woman was offered the opportunity to sell some of the fair-trade, locally-made accessories back in her hometown of Austin, Texas, to help raise money for the adoption process.
Pretty soon, other women wanted to participate and sell the products, as well. So now, the products are being sold all over the country (through both the website and trunk shows).
The vision continues to be (as taken from the website):
- Providing jobs that create a pathway out of poverty for families. A stable income means a family is less likely to abandon their child.
- Help families raise money for their own adoptions. They give 10% of trunk show sales directly to the adoptive family when they host a trunk show.
- Aside from donating 10% towards qualified adoptive families, Noonday Collection also gives towards orphan care and prevention.
Pretty cool, right?
So when Emily told Sarah about my blog, Sarah offered to send me a couple of Noonday’s products to try out for myself.
They sent me this gorgeous violet necklace and …
… these super cute Bengali earrings!
Both pieces are beautiful, but if you check out the website, you’ll see that they have many more accessories to choose from! From bags, to scarfs, to sandals … there’s something for everyone!
I try not to review too many products on my website, because I don’t want y’all to think I’m just here to sell you things. I can assure you, that is most definitely not why I blog. But I really believe in this company and what they stand for. And I think if you go check out their website, you’ll like them, too.
Let’s be honest … most of us rarely need an excuse to buy cute accessories. But when you purchase from Noonday, you can actually feel that you are making a difference in someone’s life!
Oh and did I mention that I’m going to giveaway the adorable earrings to one lucky reader??
(Don’t worry … I never put them in my ears! They are brand new and ready for you to wear!)
The giveaway will be open until Tuesday night at 8:00 pm. To enter, just leave me a comment. Any comment at all, as long as it’s positive!
(Even better, go check out their website, and tell me what pieces catch your eye!)
Question for ya …
What did you do this weekend?
Last unhealthy thing you ate?
Tell me what’s your favorite Noonday accessory!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this post. I received the necklace and earrings to review and that is it. All opinions are my own.