Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend!
My blogger buddy, Lindsay, tagged me in this “11 things” survey, and since I haven’t done a survey for a while, I decided to partake in the fun!
#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me
1. I don’t think I’ve told you guys this one before … I have a horrible habit of picking at my fingers. I know, so gross. It drives my husband bonkers, and I really can’t say I blame him. I think it’s partly genetic (my mom says my dad used to do it), partly a stress/anxiety outlet, and partly just because of dry skin! So I try to constantly have lotion on my hands, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.
2. I hate cold weather. Hate it.
3. I have had a slight obsession with flossing ever since my health teacher in high school told me that if you do not floss, you are 100% guaranteed to get gum disease. Um, no, thank you.
4. For the past 3 weeks, I have finally stopped counting calories. I don’t need to count calories. I know this. But it’s become a habit that has been incredibly difficult to stop. No matter how hard I’ve tried in the past, it seems like my brain wants to automatically start doing the math. But I’m proud to say it’s been 3 weeks of no counting, and I love it! Making (mostly) healthy choices and sticking with normal portion sizes is so much better than having a running tally in my head!
5. I wear my contacts way longer than I’m supposed to. I think I’m supposed to throw out my old ones after 1 month … but I really wait 2 or 3 months before disposing of them.
6. I easily spend $6-9 a week on Life cereal for my husband. When he’s home all week, he easily goes through 2-3 boxes. Perhaps it’s time for an intervention?
7. I am super excited to go on our Mediterranean cruise this summer. And yes, I’m still excited despite seeing these images all over the news:
Yes, that story is absolutely horrible and I feel so badly for the people affected by this tragedy. But it doesn’t mean I’m scared to go on our cruise. If anything, I’m guessing the cruise lines will be even more cautious now!
8. I love ice cream. I love ice cream so much, that when we had to forgo Coldstone recently because the line was so ridiculously long, I almost shed a tear. Seriously. The only thing that stopped me was Brandon’s look that screamed, “Get over it!”
9. I haven’t ran in 2 weeks, because my heel was bothering me and I was trying to give my body a little rest. I know it’s the right thing to do, but I’m secretly stressing because I’m afraid I won’t be ready for my half-marathon. Yes, it’s not until the end of April. But I’m supposed to be running with my friend, Ali, and I don’t want to slow her down. That is my big fear.
(Ali, this is when you are supposed to comment that it will be OK and I don’t have to worry! )
10. I think my husband is a better dresser than I am. I don’t feel like I can pull off trendy looks. I really really wish I had a personal shopper. Any volunteers?
Um … any other volunteers?
11. I counted the other day, and I have lived in 16 different houses/apartments/etc. Sixteen. That’s a lot of moving. And because I’ve moved around so much, I’ve gotten used to living with minimal “stuff.” In fact, half of my personal belongings are still at my mom’s house in Florida. I’m sure she greatly appreciates me taking up space in her house with all of my school psychology books, high school picture albums, and unopened wedding gifts.
1. What is the one thing that made the biggest impact on you in 2011?
Probably adjusting to married life. We had an incredible first year, but marriage is like a big mirror, helping you to see yourself for who you really are. For me, I’ve already learned to be more selfless with my time and energy … but I still have a long way to go!
2. If you could go anywhere in the world at this very moment, where would you go?
Back to our honeymoon spot … Costa Rica. Sigh. Wouldn’t that be nice?
3. What is your favorite beauty product?
I’m a big fan of chapstick and lipgloss. I have to have something on my lips at all times.
4. Do you like all of the changes that are being made to Facebook?
I can’t stand that new “timeline” thing. I think it makes the page more difficult to read.
5. Warm or cold weather?
Duh. Warm, all the way!
6. How do you drink your coffee?
With just a little milk. I’m not a fan of creamers, typically.
7. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Usually running. Or walking. I do strength training because I have to, but I don’t really enjoy it.
8. What is one thing that you are really wanting right now?
To sell our house.
9. Who is your favorite celebrity?
I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about him right now, but Tim Tebow.
I’m a Gator girl, so I’ve been a fan for a long time. And he loves Jesus. End of story.
10. What do you think is your best feature?
I care about people. I try to always be friendly and make others feel comfortable around me. I’m certainly far from perfect, but I’m thankful that God gave me the heart that He did.
11. What part of blogging do you enjoy the most?
Getting to know other bloggers. Like Lindsay.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
2. Who do you most admire?
3. Would you rather: bungee jump or sky dive?
4. If you were on death row (pleasant topic, right?), what would be your last meal?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
7. Favorite guilty pleasure television show?
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
9. What food do you love, but you’re scared to prepare yourself?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. Name the movie or TV show that makes you laugh the most!
I’m tagging …
Natalie @ southern fit foodie
Katie @ msfitrunner
Cinnamon @ eatPRAYtri
Janae @ Hunger Runner Girl
Jordan @ Healthy College Girl
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud!
OK so I should probably stop teasing you guys and just tell you what my big announcement is, right?
No, we’re not pregnant.
(Did I trick ya? )
I think a baby is what most people were probably guessing.
The real announcement …
WE’RE MOVING TO ATLANTA, GEORGIA!
That’s right, my friends. Goodbye, snowflakes. Hello, sunshine.
Long story short, Brandon got a promotion at work, and his new position is in Atlanta.
We’re going to be sad to leave our family and friends in Ohio, but we’re very excited about this new adventure!
There’s a ton more details that I’ll be sharing along the way, but for now, I’d greatly appreciate prayer that we get our house in Wapak sold/rented/whatever (see my answer to Question 8 above ). That’s the biggest detail we need to take care of before we move!
Thanks, everyone! Hope you all have a great week!!